• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Suggestion Needed

njduchess

Driving South tomorrow on the Turnpike. We'll probably want to stop around 5:30 for dinner and we should be in the neighborhood of Camden or Gloucester County.

Suggestions of restaurants in the vicinity would be most appreciated. We want good food but not fine dining (meaning lengthy). We would like to stay relatively close to the Turnpike. Any cuisine would be fine.

Thanks for your input.

Marie

NJDuchess

The Stern's Roadfood site suggests a place called Mastori's in Bordentown, NJ. Describes it as a bakery diner, huge, convenient to the Turnpike. Haven't there myself, but it seems to fit your basic parameters (near Camden, convenient to the Pike at exit 7).

Mastori's

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I have written on an earlier thread about Le Me Toujours, a Franch/Vietnamese fusion resto in Marlton, about 1 mile off exit 4 on Route 73. (Easy Off/Easy On on the Turnpike) . A very reasonably priced place, very interesting food. Read more here

For basic stuff, Olga's Diner is another 1/2 mile down at the traffic circle.

grew up not far mastoris, huge diner huge menu huge desserts. if you travel a few more minutes into chambersburg around trenton there are some steller restarants. the ddc is having a dinner next week at place called mambo that is not far off. never been but looking forward to trying it.