• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

No Indian Restaurants in Vermont

tommyf

Ok so there I was looking for Indian Restaurants in Vermont - a common hobby with my pallette sensibilities- and to my utter amazement :shock: I couldn't find any. Vermont answer my call. Where are you Indian Restaurants. Are they good. This issue must be addressed.

Guest johnh91011

What did you expect. I wonder if New Hampshire has any Indian restaurants

I am of Indian descent and go to Bennington VT on a fairly regular basis. I provide the only color there is :cool:

Burlington has a pretty decent one called India House (I think) - but beyond that, I don't know of any.

India House and Shalimar are the two I know of in Burlington.

There's also one it Montpelier called Gunga Din, and two in Brattleboro: India Palace and Dhabe.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 2 weeks later...

There's also one it Montpelier called Gunga Din, and two in Brattleboro: India Palace and Dhabe.

I lived in Brattleboro for a year and I found Dhaba to much much, much better of the two. Their brunch was disappointing, but if you order off their menu, the food is pretty good. It's not the best Indian food I've even had, but for a teeny town like Brattleboro, it was a treat to have any kind of good 'ethnic' food (I must say, though, that Brattleboro is a pretty good town for foodies far from home).

rona