• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lasoni Gobi, recipe wanted

boaziko

Thanks P2,

The Gobi came out very tasty, but it is not quite what we had at "Bombay Bar & grill" in Lee, MA. If I can recall there was much more GRAVY, and the cauliflower was probably cooked in it (at least for a while), it was deeper in tastes, much more sweet & sour character..

Boaziko

"Eat every meal as if it's your first and last on earth" (Conrad Rosenblatt 1935)

http://foodha.blogli.co.il/

Thanks P2,

The Gobi came out very tasty, but it is not quite what we had at "Bombay Bar & grill" in Lee, MA. If I can recall there was much more GRAVY, and the cauliflower was probably cooked in it (at least for a while), it was deeper in tastes, much more sweet & sour character..

Boaziko

Boaziko

You are welcome!

Isn,t it always true the food at restaurants and at home kitchens taste quite different.

Let,s do this. Did you like the cauliflower florets itself? I also like the grated and deepfried into fritters. To add a little more charecter to the cauliflower add some grated or fine chopped cabbage and a carrot and then deep fry them to small fritters.

Restaurant cooking is so fast and at so hot temperatures and we always have extra sauce, that's the reason I have asked you to pour over the sauce on cauliflower. You can cook cauliflower fritters further in the sauce, I am afraid you will loose the crispiness. It has to be high heat and fast. (Wok style cooking)

It is very simple to get more saucier, add some stock or water after you have tempered the garlic, cilantro and the other ingredients and then the corn starch..(keep the corn starch very liquidy.)

Now the sweet or sour or spicyness is all seasoning. You may get sweetness by some ketchup or sugar, extra spicyness with blackpepper or green chilies and shrap sour from extra vinegar.

Try this way! If you have any doubts, plaese do not hesitate to post or email me.

P2