• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean BBQ in Chicago

Sun Wa is not a Korean BBQ as the food is already Q'd  or more correctly slow cooked becuase I don't think they use coals and you don't Q it yourself.  The duck is amazing which we always take a whole one home with us when in the area. More Chinese/Vietnamese than Korean. -Dick

Agreed. It's definitely more Chinese than anything else . . . and quite delicious!

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Sun Wa is not a Korean BBQ as the food is already Q'd  or more correctly slow cooked becuase I don't think they use coals and you don't Q it yourself.  The duck is amazing which we always take a whole one home with us when in the area. More Chinese/Vietnamese than Korean. -Dick

Agreed. It's definitely more Chinese than anything else . . . and quite delicious!

=R=

...anyway, Sol Ga is the shit!

"mmmmm purple" Homer Simpson

Sun Wah is good but the folks are not friendly. We like to go to the BBQ place east of there just beyond the red line tracks. (I'll get the name later). Very friendly. Plenty of folks who own asian stores in the burbs line up to buy mass quantities of the roasted chickens and ducks for sale at their shops. You can eat there (no ambiance) and the portions are super big and not pricey. I like the beef with chinese broccoli on chow mein noodles.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}