• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Party for 150 at the beach?

Rosie

Won't vouch for quality since its more on the catering rather than restaurant side, but you could try Water's Edge Beach club in Sea Bright for the ocean view. I will vouch for quality with a different (Navesink river) view at the Molly Pitcher in Red Bank.

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!

I attended a wedding reception at the Avalon Yacht Club (HERE) and it was lovely with the sun setting in the background over the water. Food and service were quite nice as well. I don't know if membership is required, but the website above says they are "available" for weddings and private parties.

Edit: I just realized this might be a little far for the geographic range you had in mind.

How about Seabra's Armory in Peth Amboy? We had a delicious DDC dinner there and they totally hooked us up. Nice room, stellar and gracious service, and way too much food. Nice view of Staten Island high end real estate. Ask Fat Guy and his lovely wife for a second opinion. They were kind enough to join us.

Edited by KatieLoeb (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I had my wedding done at the Sea Shell on LBI. The ceremony on the beach and a walk over the dunes to a reception at the hotel\

Fink

oh yeah, food and service were great, the whole shebang was $100 a head, site, food booze, everything

Edited by finker99 (log)

The best part of the Guiniea Pig? The Cheeks! Definately the cheeks!!

Try Merry Makers in Long Branch. We bought a day at the beach for 6 people at one of the charity balls and went in July. It is very good, and they do large parties and weddings. Highly recommended. I'm thinking of hiring them for a large party later this year. :biggrin:

the breakers in spring lake. across the street from the ocean and they have a lovely porch for cocktails. i woul not call the food gourmet but it is good and the location is nice and being a hotel is very convenient for out of towners.

i have been to many evenings at the molly pitcher and that would be my first choice. it is also a hotel with wonderful food and some great clubs with lots to do the next day for anyone that stays over.