• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bold New Chateau Buildings

Craig Camp

Another wonderful article,

Living in a country that developed from 20 to over 150 wineries in 5 years, this issue is certainly building up importance.

I had been noticing a rather drastic fall of the art of architecture all around. long and difficult studies with little possibility of making money, is driving the real talents into other less appealing but more profitable businesses. Perhaps not the place to expand on this mater.

The examples of Tokaji and Spain are probably the best that come to mind. With many customers somewhere between lost and confused, overcome by the increasing amount of brand names, Imaging is very crucial.

The Wine Spectator visited Israel some time ago, A full page report and picture went to the most beautiful winery.

Large industrial wineries, concerned with or wishing to elevate their image, are investing heavily into beautifully designed wineries.

My first visit to Chateau Petrus was rather shocking for me. The gray unattended building was a disapointing sight. I guess when you make great wines you don't need the fuss. To say the truth, I found Tuscany much more impressive than Bordeaux in this aspect.

Long live the art of wine.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.