• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good cocktails & eats in Portland after 10pm?

late night eats per WWeek, including reviews

It's hard to recommend something specific without more details. Certainly can't think of anything tiki though, except the Alibi and that's a karaoke dive, not somewhere to eat. Although they do put out a free hot buffet.

Edit : replacement link

Apparently it can't store search results. So this is to the general search screen. But if you look on the right hand side, there's a Late Night check box option.

Edited by KNorthrup (log)

That link doesn't work, KN. Can you post it again? I'd love to read it.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Can someone define "Tiki" for another newbie?

Grazie.

A Polynesian-themed bar (e.g., Trader Vic's) where one can imbibe umbrella drinks out of a glass in the shape of a Tiki god*, coconut, or pineapple.

Where do you live? Maybe there's a tiki lounge near you.

http://www.tikinews.com/prologue/prologue.html

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Cosmo...

Posted a note about Tabla here.

The best tiki lounge I ever saw was the Lanai in San Mateo...it had this great painted polynesion back bar with slowly shifting lights that changed the image from daylight to sunset to night...served a good coconut snow, too.

Jim

olive oil + salt

Real Good Food

I had a killer, albeit froufrou, drink at 820 on Tuesday night. Same bartendress as Mint, swanky atmosphere, decent food. On the pricey side for Portland - $7 or so a sip. I also like the Brazen Bean, though when there I usually stick to drinks.

Rachael

I also like the Brazen Bean, though when there I usually stick to drinks.

That's it. I simply MUST have a cocktail a place with such an excellent name!

Welcome, Rachael!

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I also like the Brazen Bean, though when there I usually stick to drinks.

That's it. I simply MUST have a cocktail a place with such an excellent name!

They're in my neighborhood. Also a cigar bar, in case that's an issue. If it's not, they do a heck of a happy hour. Immediately next door to a bistro that is not bad and across the street from a McMenanmin's. Because really, what isn't?

Thanks, everyone! I promise I'll take good care of her. ;-)

CosmoTidbits

(adding The Brazen Bean, Tabla, Pambiche, and Pix to our rapidly expanding... um... agenda. *burp*)

p.s. you stumptown folk, don't miss The Lions of Batucada marching in the Multnomah Arts Festival parade starting at 10am Saturday! Stage show at 11:30am. Kiwanis' pancakes, anyone?