• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2000 Pirramimma Stocks Hill Shiraz

futronic

Dark garnet colour leading to a violet rim. Thick, slow legs. Aromas of pepper, blackberry, raspberry, vanilla, oak, and marachino cherry. A little hot on the nose as well. Medium-full bodied with sour cherries, black fruit, and peppery notes. Dry lingering finish with hints of sour cherry. Needs a couple years to come together. 87 points.

• 4 months later...

Decanted ~ 45 minutes. Deep ruby red/purple colour with thick, slow legs.

Blackberry, creme-de-cassis, mint, raspberry, vanilla, and maraschino cherry aromas on the nose. Amazing nose that just filled the room.

Medium-full bodied, fresh tasting, and plenty of lush fruit. Vanilla, blackberry, raspberry, and cream replays from the nose. Spice notes come out after a while. Juicy in the mouth.

Great finish, ~35s with peppery/blueberry notes to close. This wine keeps getting better, but I think it's almost at its peak. Drink now and over the next couple years. 90 points (12/19/2003).

I guess my previous bottle was atypical. I hope my last is like this one! :biggrin: