• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bouchon Cookbook

I love your writing (re-reading Soul for the 4th time right now) and can't wait for the projects you are currently working on. You may not want to reveal everything about the Bouchon cookbook, but will be similar in style to the FL Cookbook and Return to Cooking? Will it be more of a book about Bouchon and Jeffrey Cerciello or Thomas Keller's ideas of french comfort food? I think either way it will be outstanding, just curious what you can share...

Do you plan to write more narratives in the future, or will cookbooks remain the focus.

Lastly, when was the last time you made brown sauce? :wink:

Thanks for your time!

It will be in the style of the FLC. It will have both Jeffrey and Thomas in it, focusing on Thomas's beliefs about this kind of food, and the actual recipes from Bouchon.

I hope to write a third book on the work of the professional cook soon.

I haven't made brown sauce in ages. But I ought to. I've been asked to write a treatment for film based on Making of a Chef, or rather fictional story based at a culinary school and so was listening to Making of a Chef last week and that renewed my interest in the brown sauce. I really think more home cooks ought to have that on hand. (Brown roux, of course.)