• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee and personality types

fresco

Market research for a major Canadian coffeehouse chain indicates that their customers believe people who go to Starbucks are pretentious, stuck-up, etc. etc.

In your experience, do people choose or avoid a coffee place based on their personality type?

Arthur Johnson, aka "fresco"

Trust me, in NYC, the pretentious people who are stuck up, don't go to Starbucks, Olive Garden maybe, but not Starbucks. :biggrin:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

since i can't drink real caffeine without gettinf horribly agitated(husband calls it psychotic) i don't visit any of them.

if they provide me with a fresh brewed decaf coffee ( and can prove it is decaf) i will follow them anywhere...

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites