• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Think you've seen it all?

Toliver

Something for the cook who has everything

And to think my mom just used her four kids to help stir. What was she thinkin'? :wink:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

WOW! Just imagine how easy it will be to make risotto once the 'automatic liquid dispenser' attachment is developed. :biggrin:

Wow, the robo-risotto.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Some of the marketing copy sounds like it could be used for, er, um, marital aids.

From the product description: "Shaft, splash guard and paddles are dishwasher-safe."

:blink:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

My first thought about this thing is that the paddles are made out of plastic. Ever used a plastic/teflon spatula for a very long time sweating vegetables or making roux? They get the perma bend. I smell a piecce of junk.

I did see something similar in a kitchen in Baton Rouge Louisiana. It was a motor designed for the top of large stock pots with stainless steel paddles attached to it. I was used exclusively for making roux. It worked great, but I think the guy (Mike Anderson of Mike Anderson's Seafood in BR and NOLA) had it custom made.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...