• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bread with Chilis

Michael,

In "The Making of a Chef" you wrote about a bread you made involving chilis and cornmeal. I don't suppose, somewhere in your notes, you have a more information than what was in the book ? That bread sounded fantastic !

Thanks for all the wonderful books - I've read all of them over (and over and over) ... currently re-reading "Soul of a Chef" in preparation for my second visit to The French Laundry, next month. Reading about the care and effort put into the food made me appreciate it so much more when I ate there last year.

- S

Thanks so much. It amazes and heartens me to know someone reads the book more than once, what an honor.

I remember that bread that I made with Jason Dante well (anyone know where that guy is? would love to hear from him, he was great). It was a basic bread dough with 25 percent cornmeal dough (cornbread) with plenty of chipotles in adobo sauce and some roasted poblanos. Very good and I've made it since, once threw it on the grill and cooked it over charcoal--very tasty. You should try it.