• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lola, etc.

Thanks for being here.

I noticed down below that you mentioned Lola. So it is still in business and cranking? That was the part of Soul that I dug the most and I've been hoping they're still going.

Also, thanks for both Soul and The Making. Been a home cook for a long time, but those two books started getting me going - further into it. Good work and great writing.

You think those bright lights got to Tony? :biggrin:

Anyhow, hope Lola's still going strong and you too.

Edit: Since writing the above (late at night and after much beer), I've read your reply to Jinmyo on "Project of Passion" where you write, " I think I'd like one day to write a book about the basics of cooking as I've learned them and an exploration of cooking ratios, because to me that's the essence of cooking..."

I hope you do this.

Edited by Nick (log)

Thanks for those comments. Yes, Lola is still rockin. He just opened a beautiful teaching kitchen and some private dining rooms, very good stuff.

I like to make fun of Mr. Bourdain because the slick TEEveestar persona is so at odds with the bad ass cook that made him famous in the first place. Maybe he can't cook himself out of a paper bag, never had his food, but I do know the guy sure can write. He's also an incredibly generous guy, not to mention hilarious. I'm a huge fan of his.