• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chirashi sushi

• 4 months later...

Kris - I'm glad you post this. In another messageboard, I change the day on the daily chat thread and I usually post the day's trivia and what particular day it is for a certain country. Then I learned it was Girl's Day and I was looking forward to posted pics of chirashi here.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

• 2 years later...

I definitely have a theme going...

I think I am being creative every year but as I've scrolled through my last couple posts it seems I'm stuck in a salmon, broccoli rabe and egg rut.

This year for Girl's Day (March 3) I made a chirashi with smoked salmon, broccoli rabe and egg. This was probably my favorite to date. I also splurged on the chirashizushi no moto (the mix for the rice), instead of buying the one I usually do that costs about 198 yen ($2.40) I got one that was 498 yen ($6). The difference was incredible, really really good!

Mitsukan's juumoku chirashi

photo-1.jpg

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Looks good! I had chirashi for school lunch last week. It was the anago, egg, mushroom type, nothing fancy but quite delicious for a school lunch. I should have taken a picture.

I definitely have a theme going...

I think I am being creative every year but as I've scrolled through my last couple posts it seems I'm stuck in a salmon, broccoli rabe and egg rut.

This year for Girl's Day (March 3) I made a chirashi with smoked salmon, broccoli rabe and egg. This was probably my favorite to date. I also splurged on the chirashizushi no moto (the mix for the rice), instead of buying the one I usually do that costs about 198 yen ($2.40) I got one that was 498 yen ($6). The difference was incredible, really really good!

Mitsukan's juumoku chirashi

photo-1.jpg

My blog about food in Japan

Foodie Topography

www.foodietopography.com