• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Proper disposal of oil

bloviatrix

We live in a shore island community so were surrounded on all sides by eco-sensitive lands and very concerned about pollution of any kind going into the water but we do pour any old cooking oil/grease out in the back corner of the yard where we feed the wild animals. Food grade oils are used in all the hydraulic lines of any construction equip. used near the water so if there's a failure of the system these type oils don't pollute like motor oil's and regular hydraulic oil, so it's EPA ok. I also think that any equip. on the water on bridges and bardges, like cranes, all have vegatable oil in them.

Over the course of my life, when I am in a quandry such as the one that you have posed, I simply ask myself, "What Would Willie Do?" and that has always served me pretty well.

Gary Allan handles problems the same way as I, apparently.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...