• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bacon Aphorisms

Fat Guy

A day without bacon is like a day without bacon.

And that is a good day to die.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

The genius, wit, and spirit of a nation are discovered in its bacon.

Bacon makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor (and fat, too).

Acorns were good till bacon was found. But acorns cooked in bacon grease are a man's mistress.

A little bacon inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in bacon bringeth men's minds about to religion.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to refrain from frying bacon.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

A BLT without the lettuce and tomato is like a fish without a bicycle.

Um, dude, a BLT without lettuce and tomato is a BACON SANDWICH! Smear some mayo on that bad boy and press down the Wonderbread, that's good eats.

Hardly more thoughtful nor heartfelt eGullet contributions have ever been wrought than those I find here. Just the topic title hitself is quite provocative ain't it.

Must add, this evening I used Niman Ranch no-nitrate, erm, nitrITE bacon (experimentally) with green beans, you know, a green beans with bacon and onion trip and WOW was that good bacon.

Bacon is as bacon does, uh huh.

Edited by Priscilla (log)

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

Must add, this evening I used Niman Ranch no-nitrate, erm, nitrITE bacon (experimentally) with green beans, you know, a green beans with bacon and onion trip and WOW was that good bacon.

Well, as Arthur C. Clarke once said, "Any sufficiently advanced bacon is indistinguishable from magic."

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.