• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bloomfield Farmers Market

LAST DAY! TOMORROW, THURSDAY THE 30TH!

Last chance to see me at the market, and I'm leaving by 5:15 or so due to darkness. On the other hand, if you want to pop by before then,we could go have a beer before my train. :smile:

Last chance to see my goodies. Or you can PM me and we can make arrangements in the city. AND, I'll be making a trip out to the market just before Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas at an arranged time.

That's all I have to say for the time being.

E

Eh... it was relatively fine. Except for the guy who has been bugging me for sweet potato pies, I started making them, no one was buying them, then last week, he asked me to reserve two. He not only didn't show up, but I missed TWO fucking trains. One because I was waiting for him, one because NJ Transit changed the fucking schedule without any announcements last week. I am in SUCH a pissy mood, I can't even tell you. :angry:

I missed TWO fucking trains.  One because I was waiting for him, one because NJ Transit changed the fucking schedule without any announcements last week.

NJ Transit does not encourage or condone sexual activity among or on board its trains. :biggrin:

NJ Transit normally tweaks its schedules with the daylight savings / standard time changes. Has done so since 1976, and the Lackawanna did so for many years prior to that. They usually put a sign up in the stations a week or two ahead to remind people.

There may be another schedule change toward the end of November to coincide with the opening of Secaucus Transfer and the resumption of PATH service to World Trade Center. Both will impact on the Montclair Line

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I missed TWO fucking trains.  One because I was waiting for him, one because NJ Transit changed the fucking schedule without any announcements last week.

NJ Transit does not encourage or condone sexual activity among or on board its trains. :biggrin:

:shock::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

:laugh:

They're changing it again next week. There was not a sign, not an announcement, not a hint.

They're changing it again next week. There was not a sign, not an announcement, not a hint.

I don't understand your comment.

Is NJ Transit planning to encourage and condone sexual activity among its trains and its passengers? It would be much easier just to pretend not to notice, than to put up a sign that they're encouraging that activity...

:raz:

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Hey, do we have a pie symbol?  Er... that looks wrong.  I have a headache.

"ð"

Well, I tried. That is the Pi symbol I copied from Word and this is how it translates when I pasted it here. help!

In the meantime, here is my favorite limerick:

A favorite project of mine,

A new value of Pi to assign.

I would set it at three

For it's simpler you see

Than three-point-one-four-one-five-nine.

I'll work on turning it into a "Pie" limerick. Or would love to hear other people's offerings.

p.s. sorry your day was so fucked, elyse. and whose sweet potato pie recipe did you end up using (guess I should look on the appropriate thread)?

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

I totally suck. I started with jaymes' I think, last week, and still have some left. Then this week, I did browniebaker's, ran out, and did your's. BUT somehow, I ended up mixing up your's and browniebaker's, so I can't really side by side them. Plus, I think yours has rum in it, and I couldn't do that at the market, really. Sigh. Anyway, I'll have to do them all again, and do them right.

BUT one guy came back three times to buy more pies. He really liked them, I guess. They're all getting fabulous responses. :smile:

I don't understand your comment.

Is NJ Transit planning to encourage and condone sexual activity among its trains and its passengers? It would be much easier just to pretend not to notice, than to put up a sign that they're encouraging that activity...

:raz:

NJ Transit would have more customers if they did!

• 1 month later...

Last time this year! And maybe ever. And maybe not at all.

Saturday the 13th (one week from yesterday) I will be selling my cookies, pies, PdQ, and whatever else at the good old Bloomfield Farmer's market.

ON the other hand, I have heard that train service maybe spotty or non existant which would make getting back home pretty tricky. If there are no trains running, I'll not go at all.

Why am I writing this? Because if I wait, it'll be friday night before I think of it again, and that's short notice. If you remind me of it, it's a better chance.

Now to go investigate NJ Transit.