• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bloomfield Farmers Market

Yeah, that was really stupid. :huh: The stuff doesn't go bad. I just bake up a few at a time in my toaster oven. Still working on a container from a month ago. I think the batter gets better with age. Or you can freeze it. Of course, if it got moldy or something, throw if out, but if it didn't, you missed out by tossing it.

Weekly update: Will be out there tomorrow. Will NOT have bread other than the pao de queijo, but will have everything else,including extra pao, and Mayan luuuuv cookies. They've both been selling out too quickly. :smile: Actually, I've been taking reservations for the pao de queijo. :wub:

Darn, you brought me some starter and we both forgot about it when I was there on Thursday?

The Pecan Pie was a big hit tonight. My brother, a self proclaimed pecan pie connoisseur, was skeptical when I said you make the best pecan pie in the world. He took a bite. "Yeah, this is pretty good." Another bite, "you know how pecan pie should kind of melt in your mouth? This just dissolves!" Another bite, "the whipped cream is a distraction" as he scrapes it off the pie onto the side of the plate. "You know, this is really good pecan pie!" My ultra-picky nephew and his unpicky sister ate most of the crust and the goopy part -- I guess they're not into nuts yet. Even my perennially on a diet sister in law ate most of her piece.

You done good, kid!

Yeah, the nut thing is a tough one to crack. :laugh::laugh::laugh::hmmm:

I do apologize.

Someone recently complained that there were too few nuts. Again, you can't please everyone. I can't tell which I like, the whole or the chopped pecans. The whole ones make it difficult to cut through, but they look pretty.

Aiight. Thursday 10/2 will bring yeast breads, the usual suspects plus gingersnaps. I don't think they're particularly soft. More snappy.

Pecanless pie for dbrociner. :smile:

And remember, if you want starter made from organic grapes, PM me.

Edited by elyse (log)

Is the nut ratio different for let's say... a Pecan Tart?  Usually they are more dense.

Do you even make a Pecan Tart?

Well, dear, if you'd ever come, you'd know. I try to keep the nut ratio about the same.

David, worst comes to worst, if you're on Bloomfield Avenue, find the PNC building (I think it's the tallest one in the area). If you're coming from Montclaire direction, take a right. It's a block or two down, before the overpass. OR if you can find the CVS, it's past the overpass.

yeah dave, it's south of montclair, but still right off of bloomfield ave. you'll find yourself in the middle of bloomfield (which clearly looks like a "down-town"). as elyse suggests, it's a right off of bloomfield and one block to the station parking lot. i think you take a right on Glenwood ave, which is right past washington st, assuming you're heading south on bloomfield.

if this map works, you'll want to be btwn washington and glenwood, just west of bloomfield.

Edited by tommy (log)