• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bloomfield Farmers Market

elyse -

would you make two large pecan pies for me, and a dozen or so of the mexican love cookies? I may be running late on Thursday, but I do need them.

(no amorous intentions, it's my turn to bring in food on Friday at work)

Thanks

Paul

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Paul, I will reserve anything you like. If you'd like the pie/s to be special, I could make it/them in pyrex if you'd return the dish/s. They're prettier. Deep dish too. It's entirely up to you.

Rich, that's Rachel, silly!

Paul, I will reserve anything you like.  If you'd like the pie/s to be special, I could make it/them in pyrex if you'd return the dish/s.  They're prettier.  Deep dish too.  It's entirely up to you.

Your regular large pies in their regular holders are fine. The love cookies should be the smaller size, I don't want amorous activity in the office during work hours.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 2 weeks later...

Your pao is excellent. Properly cooked, it's somewhere between a cheese puff and small, lighter quiche.

You might want to consider how you could adapt it to a resto kitchen. I'm guessing it could be an impressive (and cheap to make) amuse item.

rancho gordo

Thank you, Paul! It is actually served in a bread basket, or as a side in Brasilian restaurants, so you're right.

I'm not quite ready for that route. That's that icki business side that was supposed to be taken care of by my 'partner.' It kills my creativity, dahling!

New update on the market - New farm stand and fruit pie (and lots of other baked goods :angry: ) guy is gone. :smile:

I, on the other hand, do not have another kitchen to use (the convent kitchen was taken back yesterday), so am not 100% sure I'll be back this week or next. :sad:

Paul, I should have contacted you before going off to sell. Mayan love were soft this week.

Okay, checking in. Sold out last week an hour before the market closed, so that was nice. Made extra this week, so hopefully... well hopefully I'll sell out again, but I'll have more to sell out of.

Anyway, I'll have pao de queijo samples again and carrot muffins along with pecan pies and lots of cookies. And bread. And that's all. Maybe. Bye!

Elyse's large cookies are often very chewy in the centers, which I think is a definite plus. I haven't had the small cookies.

The Cuban bread is pretty good, too, and I don't usually care for Cuban bread as I've found many to be bland, in a cornmeal sort of way. I often add ground herbs, fine pepper and salt when I make it.

rancho gordo