• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bloomfield Farmers Market

Ooops, I posted my message not realizing you had just posted, moments ago. As you have probably realized by now, no NJ Transit trains operate on the Montclair-Boonton line on Saturdays or Sundays. Thus no weekend service to Bloomfield. (I have heard that this is because the evil government of Montclair refuses to let NJ Transit run trains through that precious precious town on the weekends, for reasons that are incomprehensible to anyone who is sane.)

However, for travel between Bloomfield and the Newark Broad Street train station, use the #11 or #28 bus. These buses run up and down Bloomfield Ave. They also can get you to the Bloomfield Avenue Newark City Subway station in Newark, and you can take the Newark City Subway to Newark Penn Station, if you need to go there.

The #29 bus may also be useful.

Bus schedules here: http://www.njtransit.com/sf_bus_schedules_all.shtm

Unfortunately you need Adobe Acrobat to see the bus schedules. I hate Adobe Acrobat and can never get it to work on my 'puter, though most folks don't seem to have any trouble with it.

By the way, anybody eaten at the new Costa Rican place in Bloomfield near the train station? I wonder how it is. It's on Glenwood Ave., just north of the train station and just south of Bloomfield Ave., if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Ike (log)

Thank you Ike. Unfortunately, today was such a bust, I called my mommie to come and pick me up. I could not have possible taken all the leftovers on the bus/train/train/bus, and a ride was definitely in order.

people in Bloomfield are frightened of the cold. :angry:

Elyse, we can bail you of some of those cookies!

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The limerick about pi made me remember something out of OMNI years ago. In the late 1800's the Missouri state legislature voted and passed a law to change pi to 3 (I'm serious). It always made me wonder if the builders paid any attention or if you really needed to inspect any thing built then? :laugh: