• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nashville Vittles

GordonCooks

It looks as is my dinner at the Wild Boar is kaput ( due to the fact, most of my girlfriend's siblings will accompany us on a visit with her folks.) Where can you take a bunch of cost-conscious, chain restaurant loving, fuzzy navel drinkers that will also provide a decent steak and some red wine. I know there is a Morton's, The Palm, and Flemings (all will be out of their desired price range) Are there any place similiar for a party of 10 ? :unsure:

Edited by GordonCooks (log)

we discovered Cafe One Two Three last year & enjoyed it very much. It was not overly pricey (not as pricey as Wild Boar) & had an interesting menu. They are on 12th avenue just o/s of downtown. Web addy: & they own a couple of other places that might fit your bill better but we liked them. Good luck!

http://www.faisons.com/newsite/cafe123.htm

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

Try Jimmy Kelly's, Sperry's or Nick & Rudy's. All locally-owned independent steakhouses. Jimmy Kelly's & Sperry's are long-time Nashville institutions while Nick & Rudy's is relatively recent. Nothing cutting-edge, but good solid performers.

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

There is an Italian place on West End called Basanti's that has decent food and wine and can handle that size group. They also have a smaller spot in Green Hills Mall area. Carraba's and Princeton Grill are also in the Green Hills Mall area. Both are chain type places but have a decent wine list if you look closely. There is a steakhouse across the street from Wild Boar called Nick & Rudy's but I haven't eaten there. The Boundr'y in the Boar area is also a place that could handle 10 and have a variety of prices and decent wine list

Gordon,

Maybe they'll get the "Chef's Table" and you can sneak out without their noticing in the frenzy of kitchen activity. If so, you could drop in to Jasmine, an excellent nearby Thai restaurant at 3105 Moore's Lane -- otherwise you're in the middle of chain restaurant heaven around the Cool Springs Mall...

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Gordon,

Maybe they'll get the "Chef's Table" and you can sneak out without their noticing in the frenzy of kitchen activity.  If so, you could drop in to Jasmine, an excellent nearby Thai restaurant at 3105 Moore's Lane -- otherwise you're in the middle of chain restaurant heaven around the Cool Springs Mall...

I was hoping the Pope's table

Mangia!