• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Regarding WTNs

Sparkitus

I see a lot of tasting notes here, and I am curious as to how useful you all find them. I keep notes myself on just about all the wines I taste. Being a sommelier/wine buyer, I try very hard never to list anything I haven't tasted myself, hence the notes, which I prepare verbatim for my staff to use (even though many of the comments would not be appropriate for public consumption).

So, would it be useful for me to post these collections, some of which are fifty-plus wines at a crack. Or is that just spamming the thread?

I imagine that we'd all like to see your notes. How do you have them organized now?

Edited by lissome (log)

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

Sparkitus: Thanks! Craig Camp and a team of site administrators are working on a plan to handle exactly this sort of situation. It's going to take a little while to pull it together, but we'll explain the project as soon as we have a clearer outline. Craig will get in touch with you soon, okay?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

50 at a crack are a little hard to digest and we all miss many wines that we want to read about. It also buries all the ongoing conversations. Shortly we will have a better way to deal with wine tasting notes and you can post hundreds at a time if you want. So be patient - we want your notes badly and they sound like a tremendous resource that should be shared.