• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 1993 Disznoko Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos

tjaehnigen

Was probably been a sweet Szamorodni which is made from a blend of botrytised and non-bot grapes (lit "as it comes" ie just using the whole mixed bunch)

Theres also a sweet wine called Forditas - halfway between a sweet Sz and an aszu - made by reusing the aszu berries used to make aszu with a second batch of base wine

Yup Vega Siciliana own Oremus.

cheerio

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

Don't know if there's any comparison; I suspect not

Try checking residual sugar; I think the puttanoys match up to specific levels of sugar (200g/l for 6 putt of the top of my head, though sure people can correct me).  Maybe there is some data from Z-H on this to compare with

J

I think the 6 puttonyos should be a minimum of 150g / l sugar but that is not enough. a certain amount of dry extracts is required also by law. Of what I know a minimum of 45 g / l dry extracts that are not sugar are required.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.