• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

zilla369

DQ Blizzards

58 posts in this topic

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I visited a local Dairy Queen recently and saw that they had down-sized their Blizzards. The large cup now looks like the old medium size. Kinda sad. :sad:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

I'll dissent and say that I appreciate the fact that I can get a "mini" size Blizzard. Finally someone offers a smaller sized option for an alternate to the stupid-sized universe.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I'll dissent and say that I appreciate the fact that I can get a "mini" size Blizzard. Finally someone offers a smaller sized option for an alternate to the stupid-sized universe.

I admire your restraint. :wink:

I believe the "mini" size has been down-sized, as well, and now can be called The DQ Dinky. :laugh: JK

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

There is a blizzard, off the menu now but present there 25 years ago when I had my first Blizzard, called Chocolate Covered Cherry. It is their cherry blizzard mixed with the dipped cone chocolate. It can still be ordered. So much as a DQ Dinky of it (ht Toliver) will form an addiction that lasts at least a quarter of a century.

Edited by Rico (log)

my off menu Blizzard is pineapple cheesequake. Pineapple topping and the cheesecake-like cubes. My local store only shows strawberry cheesequake on the menu board, and that's too sweet, plus I am not a fan of the strawberry seeds. On menu I usually go for turtle or snickers with vanilla.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

The Oreo Cookie Blizzard was the one until they came out with the Heath Bar Blizzard.

The Oreo Cookie Blizzard was the one until they came out with the Heath Bar Blizzard.

I recommend that you try this with malt powder added. I ususally get 3 scoops added to a large blizzard. ( 1 scoop per size increase) It really enhances the flavor.

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett