• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DQ Blizzards

zilla369

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I visited a local Dairy Queen recently and saw that they had down-sized their Blizzards. The large cup now looks like the old medium size. Kinda sad. :sad:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I'll dissent and say that I appreciate the fact that I can get a "mini" size Blizzard. Finally someone offers a smaller sized option for an alternate to the stupid-sized universe.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I'll dissent and say that I appreciate the fact that I can get a "mini" size Blizzard. Finally someone offers a smaller sized option for an alternate to the stupid-sized universe.

I admire your restraint. :wink:

I believe the "mini" size has been down-sized, as well, and now can be called The DQ Dinky. :laugh: JK

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

There is a blizzard, off the menu now but present there 25 years ago when I had my first Blizzard, called Chocolate Covered Cherry. It is their cherry blizzard mixed with the dipped cone chocolate. It can still be ordered. So much as a DQ Dinky of it (ht Toliver) will form an addiction that lasts at least a quarter of a century.

Edited by Rico (log)

my off menu Blizzard is pineapple cheesequake. Pineapple topping and the cheesecake-like cubes. My local store only shows strawberry cheesequake on the menu board, and that's too sweet, plus I am not a fan of the strawberry seeds. On menu I usually go for turtle or snickers with vanilla.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...

The Oreo Cookie Blizzard was the one until they came out with the Heath Bar Blizzard.

I recommend that you try this with malt powder added. I ususally get 3 scoops added to a large blizzard. ( 1 scoop per size increase) It really enhances the flavor.

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett