• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SBC Cafe, Herndon

bilrus

Best not to trade in anonymous Chowhound rumors here. Someone will drop by 21P and ask Mark--I'm glad his place has opened and some of my old favorites are on the menu--thanks for that link morela!

Steve Klc

Pastry chef-Restaurant Consultant

Oyamel : Zaytinya : Cafe Atlantico : Jaleo

chef@pastryarts.com

I had a very enjoyable meal back in late September at SBC. Our waitress was very chatty and friendly with us along with providing exceptional service. When asked about wether SBC was staying under current ownership or being sold when 21P opened, she informed us it was being sold. I beleive she said, the sous chef was staying on to work with the new owners to keep the quality offerings in place. A subsuquent follow up visit from my neighbor reconfirmed that as soon as the buyers ABC liscense was approved, so would the sale.

This is just what I heard through asking, not trying to start or add to any rumors.