• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The current issue of The Economist has a study of wine glass size.  With the assistance of Oxford, Cambridge, and the Royal Family, The Economist determined British wine glasses have increased in size from 1700 to the present almost exponentially:  from 66 ml to 450 ml.  This is particularly helpful when the doctor inquires how many glasses you have with dinner.

And as for here, nothing but Baccarat touches my lips.

Great, if you have an 18th century doctor. Mine died last week. 268 years old. Liver failure.

Joking aside, wine strength has also changed.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The current issue of The Economist has a study of wine glass size.  With the assistance of Oxford, Cambridge, and the Royal Family, The Economist determined British wine glasses have increased in size from 1700 to the present almost exponentially:  from 66 ml to 450 ml.  This is particularly helpful when the doctor inquires how many glasses you have with dinner.

And as for here, nothing but Baccarat touches my lips.

Great, if you have an 18th century doctor. Mine died last week. 268 years old. Liver failure.