• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Charlie Trotters in Mexico

inventolux

Will he use local ingredients or have them shipped in?

Guillermo Tellez (CT's first chef de cuisine) will be heading up the kitchen. He incorporates a lot of mexican ingredients/techniques into his cuisine so the menu will be sort of a mexicanesque/ct style. I assume the ingredients will follow the same CT tradition; obtain all of the top ingredients from around the world reguardless of cost.

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com

:hmmm:

Tihany vs. Trotter. Talk about the immovable vs. the irresistible (and don't ask me which role I assign to whom, please!)...I expect to hear the infighting all the way up here in Chicago.

:cool:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

:hmmm:

Tihany vs. Trotter.  Talk about the immovable vs. the irresistible (and don't ask me which role I assign to whom, please!)...I expect to hear the infighting all the way up here in Chicago.

:cool:

Im not sure I follow your statement.

www.motorestaurant.com

Based on the Tihany-designed restaurants I have seen (long on concept and often short on workability for the staff or comfort for the customers) -- and on what I have seen of Chef Trotter's preference for spaces that stay mostly out of the way of the cuisine aesthetically -- I anticipate that there will be a fairly intense clash of visions. Based on what I know of the two individuals, I anticipate that neither will back down quickly or easily. Watching two much-regarded geniuses butt heads, so to speak, is likely to be amusing and/or educational, I believe.

Does that help?

:smile:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

Based on the Tihany-designed restaurants I have seen (long on concept and often short on workability for the staff or comfort for the customers) -- and on what I have seen of Chef Trotter's preference for spaces that stay mostly out of the way of the cuisine aesthetically -- I anticipate that there will be a fairly intense clash of visions.  Based on what I know of the two individuals, I anticipate that neither will back down quickly or easily.  Watching two much-regarded geniuses butt heads, so to speak, is likely to be amusing and/or educational, I believe.

Does that help?

:smile:

Interesting point.

www.motorestaurant.com