• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baking Ingredients Distributor? Help!

I have some distributors in the boroughs, but since I'll be baking in NJ, should I find a company out there? Does anyone have a recomendation or two? I won't be buying in incredible bulk yet, and I just bought a few things at Costco, so I can begin this week.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone sells the qualita paper baking pans to begin with before I buy a case.

Thank you!

Don't most smaller-scale operations just use Costco, Restaurant Depot, etc., these days?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Harry Wils in Secaucus has probably everything you will need that is perishable -- cream, milk, butter, eggs, several chocolate lines, nuts, flour and sugar, fruit purees, nut pastes. 201-770-1180. Check their pricing, however. You may find Costco to be less expensive, but I've always favored the convenience of deliveries during the busy season.

What part of the state will you be working in?

• 1 month later...

I trust by now you've found some vendors? I know that R.E. Diamond, a good general bakery supplier in Brooklyn, delivers to several New Jersey accounts, including some small ones. For Qualita paper: have you spoken to Joel Felberbaum of S&G Corp? He's based in North Brunswick (732. 422-4218).

OY! Sorry I hadn't responded, Pitter. The business was kind of on the crazy side. Currently the kitchen in NJ is gone, so all distributors are on hold. :sad:

byoung, I have been in touch with Joel. He sent me some samples of sizes and styles. He was quick and efficient, so if anyone else is interested.... I do feel like an idiot though. Just after he sent the samples I lost the kitchen and can't place an order until I'm a bit more settled.