• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 2/4/2017 at 7:37 PM, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

My favorite waffle cookbook is of course Dorie Greenspan's. I especially appreciate the way she gives us permission to eat waffles at any time of day.

I am back to report that I purchased a copy of Dorie's Waffles: from Morning to Midnightir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=068812609. It's out of print but there are a lot of used copies on Amazon for a penny.  I picked a hardcover and it's the nice spiral-bound type that opens flat on the kitchen counter.

I don't even have a waffle iron and fully expected to read through it for fun and then hand it off to my cousin who makes waffles often.  No dice - the combination of so many interesting recipes, Dorie's recommendations that they freeze beautifully and my possession of the perfect tool for reheating them (my CSO :x, of course) means I am now in the market for a waffle iron.  I will peruse the thrifts for a while before shelling out for a new one.  

What piqued my interest appetite?   Curried waffle club sandwiches with chutney mayo!  Smoked salmon and dill waffles with scallion cream cheese! Scallion waffles flavored with ginger, garlic, chili paste and sesame with sesame chicken salad!  Mashed potato waffles with garlic-rosemary oil!   New England clam-hash waffles!  Polenta waffles with creamy goat cheese sauce!

A list of the recipe titles and ingredients is here on EYB.

Edited to add:  Thank you, @Nancy in Pátzcuaro!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 2/4/2017 at 7:37 PM, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

My favorite waffle cookbook is of course Dorie Greenspan's. I especially appreciate the way she gives us permission to eat waffles at any time of day.

I am back to report that I purchased a copy of Dorie's Waffles: from Morning to Midnightir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=068812609. It's out of print but there are a lot of used copies on Amazon for a penny.  I picked a hardcover and it's the nice spiral-bound type that opens flat on the kitchen counter.

I don't even have a waffle iron and fully expected to read through it for fun and then hand it off to my cousin who makes waffles often.  No dice - the combination of so many interesting recipes, Dorie's recommendations that they freeze beautifully and my possession of the perfect tool for reheating them (my CSO :x, of course) means I am now in the market for a waffle iron.  I will peruse the thrifts for a while before shelling out for a new one.  

What piqued my interest appetite?   Curried waffle club sandwiches with chutney mayo!  Smoked salmon and dill waffles with scallion cream cheese! Scallion waffles flavored with ginger, garlic, chili paste and sesame with sesame chicken salad!  Mashed potato waffles with garlic-rosemary oil!   New England clam-hash waffles!  Polenta waffles with creamy goat cheese sauce!

A list of the recipe titles and ingredients is here on EYB.