• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Competition Round Seven: Captions, What Was She Th

The exhibition opens July 4, 2003, at the American Museum of Natural History.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Living in ignomy long after the Imclone scandal had faded from the news pages, a beaten Ms. Stewart is still determined to make a comeback with her K-Mart Tuna Blue Plate Special.

--mh

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

I wish my husband would get a job!

Unseemly, I know, to comment in the official pre-decision phase...but (perhaps close to home?) ROTFLMAO.

Edit: Never learned to type.

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

"Two-thousand five-hundred thirty-six, two-thousand five-hundred thirty-seven..."

they'll never notice...don't panic now...don't panic!

...but that look in his eyes, so calculating...he knows who you are...HE KNOWS!!!

STEADY girl...steady...only 536 to g--wait a minute, where was I? DAMMIT!

Edited by adobohead (log)

"He who distinguishes the true savour of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise."

Thoreau

(with apologies.... :unsure: )

"And soon, mechanically, dispirited after a dreary day with the depressing morrow, I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tuna in which I had dipped a morsel of bread. No sooner had the crunchy salad mixed with the crumbs touched my palate than a shudder ran through me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that was happening to me. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestions of its origin. And at once, the vicissitudes of life had become different to me..."

Luscious smell like love

Essential black milk worship

It whispers to me...

...Chocolate

Rocco DiSpirito's mother is relegated to the back of the kitchen, performing only menial tasks, as the NBC cameras roll.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.