• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Competition Round Seven: Captions, What Was She Th

"How much chicken salad does it take to make a Weapon of Mass Destruction? One scoop...two scoops..."

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

At Alain Ducasse's new "Thon," inspired by American grammar-school-cafeteria food, diners can choose between tuna salad made from maguro, toro, chutoro, or otoro from either yellowfin or bluefin tuna. Photo by Robert Mapplethorpe.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Officials of SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) have decoded the first packet of data collected by the radiotelescope array at Area 31, near Shelburne, Ontario.

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Reuters: Manhattan

Representative Jerrold Nadler pitches in at PS 110’s cafeteria during their summer session. The 8th district congressman made an impromptu appearance in the cafeteria after some students queried him on the proper ratio of celery to mayonnaise in tuna salad. Mr. Nadler had no comment for this reporter but for the record, one could hear the phrase “one for me, one for you….two for me..etc, etc”.

"It's like making tuna salad with a condom on," complains Agnes Buford, president of International Sisterhood of Lunch Ladies Local 242 in Wayne, New Jersey. "And don't get me started on the hairnet."

The entry-level FDA-approved android SheMale SuperChef™ will run you approximately $12,000.00 USD. The price increases with added features which may include: talent, skill, and increased sex-appeal. Tuna salad not included.

fbcea1be.jpg

Anna Nicole Smith adjusting to the new economy.

Those little fuckers will find Nemo all right.

Ben 'n' Jerry's Cat Fur Ice Cream.

100% Sammy Sosa bat filler.

Rebuilding Iraq one scoop at a time.

I hope I end up on eGullet one day.

2 Fat 2 Furious

"Get yourself in trouble."

--Chuck Close