• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caribbean Rum Fest 2004

mac1105

I've been negligent in getting the following information Ed sent me about 'Spirit of the Caribbean' on the Ministry website, so here it is in the meanwhile.

'The website for the Spirit of the Caribbean is now up. The logo isn't up yet but the link Spirit of the Caribbean is working. And the information on the rum tasting is finally up after some long delays.

Spirit of the Caribbean April 1-4,2004

St Maarten

Rum, Cigars and other fine things from the Caribbean

http:www.spiritofthecaribbean.net

organized by Caribex'

Joy

Webmaster for MinistryofRum.com

Joy Lewis. . . Web Master - Emeritas and Friend to the Ministry of Rum Website

MAC...( I dont recognise nor talk to numbers or to apples with a bite out of its side)....

But to the members of this forum with names, here is the info on the INTERNATIONAL RUM FESTIVAL 2003 (and maybe 2004) This is the extended Rum Festival that originated in Barbados by Mr Tim Forsythe and his Caribbean Newspaper.... The Festival 2003, like last years festival, will be located in St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada. In the Middle of August. Check web site for information and exact dates. As its divided between trade and rum tasters and public days. Also at this web site you should find links to last years reports and results.

Visit: www.RumFest.com ( Yes you need the Capitals in the address)

Also visit The Rum Shop, Luis Ayala's 'Got Rum' Newletter for information.

Visit: www.rumshop.net

Mac I hope you can make either of both rum Events, both should be visited by any rum lover wanting to find different rums.....Good Luck.

Always rumsearching........ John Reekie.

• 3 months later...

The Spirit of the Caribbean Rum Fest has nothing to do with Tim Forsythe and the old Caribbean Week magazine or the Rum Fest in New Foundland.

There is information at Spirit of the Caribbean

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.