• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Rosengarten Report

Thanks again for sharing your time & insight with us. Taste was one of the shows that got me hooked on the Food TV network -- in particular I remember an episode where you sat down with your daughter to sample brownies -- you both looked very happy!

My question pertains to your newsletter, The Rosengarten Report. Congratulations on winning the James Beard award for best newsletter

Can you please tell us more about the newsletter -- who it's for, what you usually write about, where you get your ideas. And of course, if there's anywhere we can go to sample a copy or two? It's not available on your web site and it isn't carried in any store I can find.

Thank you very much!

Thanks so much for your kind words! The shows with my daughters were my favorites! They are 13 and 11 now.....and absolutely amazing eaters!

I am so passionate about The Rosengarten Report. It's my full-time job. Every six weeks I stage a massive tasting (it usually goes on for a week) in

which I taste hundreds of samples of Something; in the last two years we've done steaks, ice cream, hot dogs, canned tuna, Indian ingredients, etc.

Then I choose the best examples and tell you all about them. But I make sure that everything I rave about is available to you!.....tomorrow!.....either

by making a phone call or logging on somewhere. That becomes the lead story. Each issue is also crammed with other product tips, wine reviews, restaurant finds, travel ideas, book reviews, cooking stories, editorials, etc. All written 100% by me. PLUS....every subscriber becomes a member of Rosengarten's Table, and members get discounts and deals on many of the things I write about!

We were so lucky recently to be purchased by a huge newsletter company that is now marketing this thing. Hooray! (And hooray that I get to keep doing exactly what I did before!) You can call them at 800.832.2330 between 9 and 5 (Eastern time) weekdays, and ask for a sample. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Would love to have you at the Table!