• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cru Restaurant

Some friends and former co-workers of mine are opening the doors of thier new Restaurant today. I wish them well and would love to read from anyone who may have a chance to visit there...tell 'em Barry sent ya.

It is good to see the scene in Vancouver going in this direction. I love going to Le Crocodile for a quick bite and a glass of wine at the bar in the late afternoon. Pastis is a great drop in spot for a late night appetizer and glass of Bordeaux (Absinthe for dessert; done right! :blink: ). Cafe Chez Michel delivers affordable French wines and classic bistro foods on the North Shore but where else can you go for a wine orientated experience?

Toronto mastered this years ago with Le Select Bistro and the Pasta Bar at Scaramouche. It will be great to have something new in town in such a chic neighborhood.

Website is very intriguing...

Chef/Owner/Teacher

Chef Fowke. For a wine oriented experience on the North Shore, can I suggest Marine Drive. The food is okay and it's a bit pricey for what you get (not great food that trys too hard), but the list is quite good. Has Pastis re-opened?

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Chef Fowke. For a wine oriented experience on the North Shore, can I suggest Marine Drive. The food is okay and it's a bit pricey for what you get (not great food that trys too hard), but the list is quite good. Has Pastis re-opened?

I haven't been to Marine Drive in a long time. That is a great idea. I will go down tonight and see Ken (or is he off Mondays? Maybe tomorrow night). I hear the chef has changed.

Had lunch, last week, at the Beach House at Dundarave. Spinach salad was excellent, wine list reasonably priced with a good selection and the view was nothing less then spectacular!

I will check but I believe Pastis is open, I am not sure...

Chef/Owner/Teacher

Wish I could join you but it will be a few weeks before I am able to get to the coast. I was their Chef at the Cellar Door in Summerland. It was a great experiance.

Let me know If you get something arranged and If you like Ill let Mark and Dana know your coming.

Dont belive a word they say about me.

Oh!

Do a Vancouver eGullet event in mid to late August!!

I'll be in town and would love to attend. Living where I do I really have no chance to attend such an event normally.

fanatic...