• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Product Brainstorming

Mr. Rosengarten,

Thank you for taking the time to participate here at eGullet. I too was a loyal and devoted fan of Taste. Apparently FoodTV decided to go the way of... well, idiots.

My question for you relates to the "product development brainstorm session" you sent out via your mailing list a few months back. What is your relationship to the products you were seeking opinions on? Are you actually involved in developing them, a spokesperson, or simply using your resources to help steer a company in the right direction given the feedback you receive.

Are we going to see any of them hit the market any time soon?

Again, thanks so much for your time.

Best,

Chris

About three years ago, I happened to meet, at a trade show, the inventor of the George Foreman grill. He's a great guy who, as it happens, was interested in inventing something for me! We formed a company, called Culinary Solutions, and have been developing new ideas in cooking equipment. The survey you received was based on that project; we wanted to see what kinds of equipment people might be looking for.

Nothing is ready yet......but I'm hoping that within the next year something might be on the market! Look for a french-fryer that makes the greatest french fries at home, easily! (No, we won't call it The Freedom Fryer!)