• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rhum JM

http://www.rhum-jm.com

I recently tried this one at WD50 restaurant in New York City -- this was a "Tres Vieux" 1989 vintage. One of the best french Rhum's I've had yet.

Is this one even avaliable in North America? I beleive the owner of the restaurant brought this one up from the caribbean personally, according to the bartender. The super premium rum selection of this restaurant is really quite good, they've got Ron Zacapa, Santa Teresa 1798 and a few other interesting ones.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Hi Jason!

It's me, Joy, web master of the Ministry of Rum website.

If you go to our home page, http://www.ministryofrum.com and select J.M Rhum Vieux from the list and click the 'Where Can I Get It?' button, there's a whole list of retailers who claim they have it, a couple here in Chicago.

Also, you can go to our Rum Profiler page, again choose J.M Rhum Vieux from the list and there's a label pictured on the description page. Seeing the label might help confirm whether it is the same rum you are describing ... It doesn't say the Trex part, so maybe not ... Ed would know for sure.

Hope this helps .. at least it's a start ...

Joy Lewis

Joy Lewis. . . Web Master - Emeritas and Friend to the Ministry of Rum Website