• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greek Delights

Rosie

That IS good news indeed. The place has a very loyal following, so I'm not surprised it was full. Thanks for letting us know, Tom!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 4 weeks later...

That WAS true, Zeman (read upthread), but last I heard, they had reopened. Does anyone know otherwise?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

GREAT Greek place in North Jersey: The Greek Village in Northvale, NJ.

211 Livingston Street, Northvale NJ 201-750-8570

Everything we have had has been phenomenal, but we usually keep it pretty simple with Greek Salads, regular salads, tzatiki and saginaki.

- KOBI

The owner had  opened another restaurant in North Arlington in October. I don't know if that one is open or closed.

The restaurant did open in October but I think it maybe closed again-

I will check it out tomorrow

I live a few blocks away from the restaurant-

I was told that the ppl that owned the restaurant were not Greek

I was told that the ppl that owned the restaurant were not Greek

That's correct--they're not/he wasn't.