• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's for breakfast?

sparrowgrass

cheeseburger made with laura's beef and mcadam's cheddar on white toast with ketchup and miracle whip

it seemed a good idea at the time

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Oh my jesus that looks good. I just love it when berries come into season. Send that pic into some food magazine, it looks that good.

Myself, I went protein heavy with pan-seared skirt steak topped with a bit of pesto-butter, two eggs over easy and some sliced heirlooms from the farmers market on the side sprinkled with a little fleur de sel. And a bloody of course :biggrin:

Bacon tastes good, porkchops taste good...

the first tomatoes from south jersey are coming in so the last few mornings i have had open faced tomato sandwiches on toast...... :wub::wub:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Toasted sesame seed bagel with extra crunchy peanut butter and black raspberry jam. Coffee. I think I'll have a glass of milk, for a change.

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

A rosti style potatoe cake, eggs over easy, Neese's country sausage with extra sage, toast, OJ and good coffee. Every saturday!! During the week it's oatmeal with raw wheat germ, flax seed meal, no sugar just some milk and too much coffee with half and half. The challenge for me, if anyone can help, is how do I get my 6,4 and 2 year old kids to eat. Thanks to their mom all they want is refined flour and white sugar foods. Mabye this could be a new topic?

meatman, if you do search with keywords like "children" you'll probably turn up some interesting stuff.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Cold grilled chicken with spicy barbecue sauce.

Wheat crackers, mild cheddar, pieces of deli roast beef.

A Bloody.

The Brown.

Lemonade.

Noise is music. All else is food.

Left-over bread pudding, some cherries and a nectarine.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

We had pancakes (with, of course, maple syrup and some lovely homemade blueberry jam from Sam's mom) and cappuccino about 1:30 pm.

The ONLY time to have breakfast on Sundays! :cool:

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous