• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

office food

In some ways, this is an extension of the "what are you eating right NOW?" thread.

What food do you stock in your desk drawer at work?

I'll start.... I always have a supply of tiny packets of salt, sugar, and mayonnaise. I also hoard the little packets of red pepper mix from the Daikichi down the street. Also a secret stash of individually-wrapped Rolos.

One of my office-mates always has a loaf of bread propped on top of his computer. He makes sandwiches from peanut butter, apple butter, whatever at odd times during the day.

Another office mate collects hot sauces.

What do you have?

Weight watchers bars, animal crackers and tea.

I'm glad somone else said it first, but I keep Weight Watchers bars too (just had one a few minutes ago). And always, always a big cup of water.

Bill Russell

I used to keep ramen noodles (hot and spicy korean brand) , jelly beans and various kinds of tea.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Weight watchers bars, animal crackers and tea.

I'm glad somone else said it first, but I keep Weight Watchers bars too (just had one a few minutes ago). And always, always a big cup of water.

Yeah, at first I was in denial, but hey, it's a valid weight loss program!

Screw it, I'm coming out of the weight loss closet!!

:laugh::laugh:

Iris

GROWWWWWLLLLL!!

At the moment, a banana's sitting by the phone.

ALWAYS Poland Spring (or other bottled water), Snapple iced tea, Schweppes seltzer water and Fresca; a couple of packages of Cup O'Noodles -- here we have Spicy Chicken and Shrimp. For some reason, my officemate loves Diet Coke with Lemon. (*shudder*)

Soba

Chex Morning Mix, Earl Grey's Lemon Biscuits, low sodium wheat thins, Girl Scout Animal Treasures, GS Thin Mints, GS Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Tangerine Sour Altoids, two flavours of green tea, ranch flavour organically-grown soy nuts, orange-herb Ricola, Tommy Atkins mango, two peaches.

Two cans of loose leaf tea, black & green, a half-jar of nut-heavy trail mix, a jar of grainy mustard, a small bottle of tobasco, and two packages of that yummy Burger King onion ring sauce.

Oh, and turning my keyboard upside down and banging shows crumbs for a half-dozen lunches eaten over looming deadlines... can't really tell which crumbs come from which meals.

Back in the ancient days when I worked with Zeb, he used to stock bags of pretzels and Twizzlers. I raided his stash on a near daily basis.

I keep nothing in my desk as I would eat it all, leaving me with nothing in my desk.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

since I am out in the public at a reference desk i only have my Sparta Public Library cool cup with cold water in it.

downstairs in the bottom drawer of my file cabinet -

healthy choice soups(about 5 differenct cans)

diet snapple orange carrot and pink lemonade

annie's organic mac and cheese

a fine assortment of individual chocolate pieces

all who work with me know where the food is and they are welcome to anything - as long as they replace it

actually has saved me from time to time such as when my boss threw away the chinese food i had gotten the day before and left me with no dinner....except for my stash

another coworker delved in when she had to go to the dentist for an emergency visit and couldn't eat the salad she had brought for lunch but a can of vegetable beef soup helped her get through the day

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I just moved my office so I don't have much but here goes...

A box of Dutch licorice. A can of wasabi peas. One half a lunch sized bag of nacho cheese Doritos, stale. Several packets of take out Tabasco.

And on the conference table, two candy jars, one with black jelly beans and another with M&Ms.

And the ever present huge sippy cup full of water.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

we'll just say at work in general.

peanut butter, bread, apricot preserves.

crystalized ginger, "hot" cajun mix, applesauce, and granola OR cereal bars (can't recall which).

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.