• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Competition Round Seven: Captions

Please write a caption for this pic. fbcea1be.jpg

"Seventh course of my twenty-eight course degustation menu."

"Little Suckers won't notice I snuck in kimchee"

"I'll give you Kitchen Confidential!

Props to Ken Hammond, USDA photog.

Post your entries here:Captions

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Maggie, you may want to edit your first post on the other thread and include the image there.  It's a bit confusing if you go there first and not here and miss the photo.

Thanks, Jon, I have done so.

And may I reiterate: There are always two threads per competition, one to announce it, and another on which to post entries! I give the link to the entries thread on the announcement thread.

No one's disqualified for posting in the wrong place...but it sure makes the judging neater if we keep all your Good Stuff together.

Merci.

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your Golden Gully, ballast_regime. This was a tough contest to judge, because I cracked up at almost every entry. A real embarras de richesse

I'd like to add some Honorable Mentions here to those who are inelegible: my fellow Contributors, the Mods and Affiliates. (And the Rockers too.)

Andy Lynes:

"Of course presentation is paramount in my style of cuisine. After all, we eat first with our eyes, n'est ce pas?"

Varmint:

"If the Perlows want larb balls, I'll give 'em the goddam larb balls."

Fat Guy:

"It's like making tuna salad with a condom on," complains Agnes Buford, president of International Sisterhood of Lunch Ladies Local 242 in Wayne, New Jersery. "And don't get me started on the hairnet."

But thank you all. The caption contest will become rotating feature of the Smackdown.

Now get your twisted minds and clever pens over here:Seeking Professional Help

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com