• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating on the fly

fresco

Hot Wings at the bar in Philly Concourse B up near the security checkpoint.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Heathrow has a Caviar House bar. You can get the balik of salmon and a nice glass of wine. It is quite yummy. I have a friend that spent a bit too much time there and missed his flight.

Funniest though is in New Jersey, eating a Burger King burger because we had been in India for a while and wanted to have some cow. Later in security, hubby set off some new super high tech bomb sniffing machine and then machine for some reason went out of order. I blame Burger King smells.

Buffalo has a decent "weck" sandwich at one of the bars on the Southwest side of the airport.

wow, I was just about to write about how one of the worst sandwiches I can remember eating was a beef on weck at the buffalo airport bar!

After a week of eating delicious authentic sandwiches, I decided to get one more before we left. The meat seemed heated in a microwave and left the cold bread soggy. It was horrid and for some reason I still ate it instead of stopping after the first bite!

Also, I'll agree with another poster that you can get great noodles at the Singapore airport!! One of the coolest in the world!

There's a raw bar and a pretty good pub that serves a few nice things (I always got the chicken tikka masala with a Boddingtons) in the international terminal at Heathrow. And, back in the day, I also veddy much enjoyed having a Pimms cup at the British Air executive class lounge there. Ahhh, that old job had a few perks....

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts