• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"El Bulli" Cookbook

Sun Grease

Hello everyone, does anyone have any information on where to purchase the El Bulli cookbook other than the el Bulli website? I've looked around online and found nothing, but I really would to add this book to my collection.

Thanks

My wife works for Wiley Publishing. Wiley will be the publishing firm that will produce El Bulli's cookbook/cd rom combo for the american market. She expects it to be ready in english in approximately 12 to 14 months and will cost about $225.00. Save up your money because that cost is expected to rise. Until then, you will have to enjoy it in spanish. Sorry.

Edited by inventolux (log)

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com

My wife works for Wiley Publishing. Wiley will be the publishing firm that will produce El Bulli's cookbook/cd rom combo for the american market. She expects it to be ready in english in approximately 12 to 14 months and will cost about $225.00. Save up your money because that cost is expected to rise. Until then, you will have to enjoy it in spanish. Sorry.

12 Months???????

That blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question. Is this the same co. that will release it in the UK?

Thanks for the info :biggrin:

2317/5000

12 Months???????

That blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question. Is this the same co. that will release it in the UK?

Thanks for the info :biggrin:

Yes tan, they will be responsible for all releases in the english language.

www.motorestaurant.com

Cook's Library...(323) 655-3141.  I just called and they have Spanish only.  I asked to be put on the list for the english and he remarked that there are no plans to publish it in english  :hmmm:

Misinformed?

Yes, Wiley is working hard to get the book completed. The biggest problem for Wiley is to put together a book of such high cost and to find the correct market to sell it to. At $225.00, there isnt much of a market out there.

www.motorestaurant.com

Is this it?...I can't tell if it's the english or spanish version.

I think this may have already been spotted and mentioned in another thread -- "Ferran (sic) Adria."

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

That's strange because the folks at the restaurant told me in April that the English edition would be available this month. I will ask again next week when I am in Barcelona, but it sounds like the above information is correct.

Yes, Wiley is working hard to get the book completed. The biggest problem for Wiley is to put together a book of such high cost and to find the correct market to sell it to. At $225.00, there isnt much of a market out there.

Why so high? The UK version is £75, which is about $125 US.

Born Free, Now Expensive

Why so high? The UK version is £75, which is about $125 US.

Suspect the amazon one might be mispriced. they sometimes do this for pre-order items where price isn't certain - a reason to order now methinks (you can always cancel later)

in fact, thats what I think I'll do now...

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

• 6 months later...

Are we talking ElBulli 1998-2002 or the 2nd edition? I got mine (English edition 1998-2002) from Kitchen Arts & Letters in late November. The CD rom is in English USA, English UK (metric measurements) and Spanish.

Price: $185.00 + Shipping, came to $193.00

Kitchen Arts & Letters

1435 Lexington Ave. (Upper East Side)

at 93rd St.

212-876-5550

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

Are we talking ElBulli 1998-2002 or the 2nd edition? I got mine (English edition 1998-2002) from Kitchen Arts & Letters in late November. The CD rom is in English USA, English UK (metric measurements) and Spanish.

Price: $185.00 + Shipping, came to $193.00

Kitchen Arts & Letters

1435 Lexington Ave. (Upper East Side)

at 93rd St.

212-876-5550

what's the second edition ?

I'm not in front of the book right now but El Bulli 1998-2002 is the third book in a series spanning the restaurant's and Adria's recipe developement. The books are pubished in reverse chronological order. I was refering to the second of the series which is now published in Spanish with the English version to be published end of this year or early 2005.

Jim Tarantino

Ten Speed Press

I'm not in front of the book right now but El Bulli 1998-2002 is the third book in a series spanning the restaurant's and Adria's recipe developement. The books are pubished in reverse chronological order. I was refering to the second of the series which is now published in Spanish with the English version to be published end of this year or early 2005.

I rec'd the 98-02 - Looks like I'd better order my second edition today.

If Spanish editions don't pose a problen you may want to look into

Celebrar el milenio con Arzak y Adrià - 2000 – 2001 Co-authored by Juan Mari Arzak and Ferran Adrià, and

La Cocina de Los Postres by Oriol Balaguer an English edition dessert book by the pastry chef of El Bulli.

Jim Tarantino

Ten Speed Press