• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hopleaf Trip

As promised on da' other thread, a thread about a planned trip to Hopleaf. How does week of 7/7 look? My wife and I play switch hit on watching our wee lad (she works at Spago, nights), but M, W, and sometimes Thursdays are good for us; but if these are bad for everyone else, will try to make arrangements...

What say ye?

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

Wednesday or Thursday fine with me.

How old is your little baby? I have a 13 month old who my daughter has nicknamed "the damager."

Does anyone know if they're serving food yet? If not we could go to the Middle Eastern bakery on Foster and get some snacks.

FWIW, if Hopleaf isn't serving yet, Zaky's just opened, same (nice) family that owns Buy Low Liquors. I may be prejudiced, as I have known Elias and his family for years. Middle Eastern, really liked their baba ganoush the other night when we went in...

Another option.

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

Shizbang.

Shizbang is right. Why oh why don't I live in Chicago?

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

Fritz -

Because you can drink 15 stouts on tap, from the source. Larry Bell knows his dark ales!

Edit: If you happen to swing by the brewery, please say hi to Alec Mull (the head brewer) for me, will you?

Oh, guajolote, just saw you asked how old my little guy is - born 12/12/2000, and, I'm sure like you, I am blown away by how much he knows already...likes to cook with dad, and throw his dad all over the futon (I am a former Aikido instructor - he learned early :wacko: ). Sounds like your "damager" and my "crusher" could do some serious mayhem together!

Edited by paul o' vendange (log)

-Paul

Actually, nothing sacred to me about the week of the 7th - anyone have a problem with the following week?

I'm easy. As it were.

That's what I'VE heard anyway.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Edit:  If you happen to swing by the brewery, please say hi to Alec Mull (the head brewer) for me, will you?

"If she happens to swing by the brewery."

As if! We would never do that!

Fritz, how's about Bell's? Tomorrow night?

Noise is music. All else is food.

Actually, nothing sacred to me about the week of the 7th - anyone have a problem with the following week?

I'm easy. As it were.

Oops.

Shit, they know about me in Texas!

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I'm easy. As it were.

Oops.

Shit, they know about me in Texas!

Texas? Really, don't be so modest.

Now I have some insight on why you left Canada.

Mondays, Tuesdays and every-other weekend (the weekend of the week of 7/7 works well) are good for me. I can get on the 22 and be up there in a flash.

Everybody, how does Monday night, July 14th, sound?

Maggie, I played Brick, once.  Hopleaf should provide the click.

7/14 will work well for me. Is there an approximate time?

Fritz, how's about Bell's?  Tomorrow night?

Word. I'll be waiting for you at work, in my horrid day-glo pink and khaki-short uniform.

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

If 7/14 is amenable, how's 7:00 pm? (if this date is bad, is this time good for people?)

7/14 is the only day that doesn't work for me.

My friend's wedding shower is the night before, and I'll be on the bus back to the city.

:sad:

Noise is music. All else is food.