• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Weather and appetite

Fat Guy

I seem to fit in with all that has been reported here as far as what happens to the appetitie and the choices in the summer. I am one of those strange people that actually love the Gulf Coast summers. You can retreat to your air conditioning with a cold beer and watch that thuderstorm. Then in the evening the humid air is like a soft hug that you enjoy while munching a little bit of something spicey, not too much, and another cold beer. Really cold boiled shrimp is sounding good.

OOOPS! Just noticed another summer tradition. There is a tropical storm in the gulf. Time to assess what is in the freezer and decide what to cook-up in case the power goes and everything rots.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose