• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thomas Keller's "Per Se" Pre-Opening Discussion

stefanyb

I had asked Amex to make a reservation for me anytime the week of March 7-13. When I talked to Amex yesterday they said they were having a hard time getting through and they had a lot of requests for reservations at Per Se. Not wanting to get shut out, I took matters into my own hands and called until I got through and then reserved for Tuesday March 9 at 7:30 PM. I actually got a call from Per Se this morning informing me that American Express was placing a reservation in my name this morning for the exact same slot! I thanked them for calling, but said, no I wouldn't need the second reservation at that time. Had they made the reservation for another slot, I might have taken them both!

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

5:45 pm on Friday April 2.

Woo hoo!

Woo hoo!

They were exceedingly helpful. Also, once in my dialing frenzy I accidentally dialed 9336 which connects you to the kitchen. They were also very nice.

Woo hoo!

Sorry for the somewhat out-of-topicness, but what price scale are we looking at here for dinner? $150 p/p before drinks? How much would a tasing menu be?

According to the recording when you are on hold for the reservation line they are offering a five course menu or a nine course tasting menu - either vegetarian or the "signature" tasting menu.

Elsewhere on this thread (I think) I read that it was $135 for the nine course menu.

All the same as French Laundry if I remember correctly.

Bill Russell

i'm thinking that the pricing mentioned above is being extrapolated from the french laundry website.. seeing as how http://www.perseny.com is not functioning as yet, and the recording is devoid of any information regarding price, i'd be interested in knowing if anyone actually asked what the pricing is like..

me, i figure it's cheaper than flying out to cali for dinner at french laundry..

i'd be interested in knowing if anyone actually asked what the pricing is like..

I guess I would be interested in that too, considering it never entered my mind when I made my reservation. Hopefully not everyone on here is as big a *sucker* as I am. :unsure:

Bill Russell

From the New York Times article about the new Time Warner center:

"The restaurant will have prix fixe tasting menus at $125, $135 and $150. It will be open for lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and for dinner nightly."

Sorry for the somewhat out-of-topicness, but what price scale are we looking at here for dinner? $150 p/p before drinks? How much would a tasing menu be?

Basic Per Se facts (from the restaurant's publicist):

Ten Columbus Circle

Time Warner Center Fourth Floor

New York, New York 10019

(212) 823 9335

CHEF/OWNER

Thomas Keller

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS

Eric Lilavois

DEVELOPER

Ken Himmel, Related Urban Development

DESIGNER

Tihany Design, New York, NY

KITCHEN DESIGNER

Tim Harrison, Harrison/Koellner, San Francisco

CHEF DE CUISINE

Jonathan Benno

PASTRY CHEF

Sébastien Rouxel

WINE DIRECTOR

Paul Roberts

DIRECTOR OF PRIVATE DINING AND SPECIAL EVENTS

Célia Laurent

CUISINE

Contemporary American cuisine with French influences

Lunch and dinner:

$150 Chef's Tasting Menu

$125 Five course Prix Fixe Menu with choices

$135 Nine course Tasting of Vegetables

HOURS

Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday 5:30-10:00pm,

Thursday-Saturday 5:30-10:30pm

Lunch: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:30-1:30

INTERIOR

Striking views of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Dining room is contemporary and elegant, with stained woods, stone and muted tones. Handcrafted detailing and materials throughout.

CAPACITY

64 seats in the dining room

PRIVATE DINING

WEST: 40 seat private dining room; 20 seat private dining room (combined up to 60 seats)

EAST: Intimate private dining room seats up to 10

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Ok,Ok, I know what everybody is thinking out there,How does this guy find all this Sh_t. :wacko:

I just found on e-bay Thomas Kellers Kitchen stove for sale.

Asking price 30,000.

I guess the remodeling of the French Laundry is starting with a new stove. :laugh:

RR

Edited by robert40 (log)

Robert R

• 2 weeks later...