• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

portland pear cider

I use to love the pear cider that they used to have at Biddy McGraw's and I miss it since they quit carrying it. Anybody know of any place that serves pear cider in Portland? They make great snakebites!

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

A snakebite is like a black n tan only it's half cider and half guiness.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Had a pint at County Cork tonight. It was Widmere which is a little dryer...drier...ok it was more dry than the stuff at Biddy's and the stuff at McMennamin's was a lot sweeter. Both were good. I'll check out Lucky Lab next. County Cork was cool. A lot like Biddy's. Friendly bar staff! I miss Pat and Shandeen (?spelling is not my strong point after a pint) and friday nights at Biddy's. It's still a great place but not the same without them. It's kind of the feeling of home to me, kicking back with a pint of pear cider and listening to Shandeen singing in the kitchen while fixing my supper on any given friday night. Great memories.... I remember walking in the friday after 9-11 like normal and having Pat and the bartender stop and stare like "Oh my God... a body came in the door!" I remember four of us going out front at 7:00 and lighting candles for the vigil. I'll still keep searching for more cider. I may just be chasing a memory but I am checking out some cool new places to hang. Thanks for the input guys!

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org