• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Which '.com' has Better Recipes

dave88

Epicurious is better than the Food Network just because on their site, the recipes have reviews. I love reading those reviews. Also, just from a personal viewpoint, I've had poor luck with recreating FN's recipes - I particularly remember two of Emeril's that bombed - some sort of caramel apple upside down cake and a sausage, cheese and rice "casserole."

But of course, eGullet is better!

Epicurious if for no other reason than these reviews.

Crystal

I've found that the Food Network Canadian website is better than it's American counterpart.

Edited by Crystal (log)

We like the mooooon........Coz it is close to us...........

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all the epicurious recipes just a compilation of backissues of Gourmet and Food & Wine magazine? I don't have any backissues of these two mags, but assuming that some people here do, I would think - for them at least - FoodTV would be a better source for original recipes.

-Eric

Gourmet and Bon Appetit, yes. But when you have years and years and no indexes, the search feature is handy. And they do have recipes from additional sources, home magazines whose titles I'm forgetting. But the ratings do also add an extra bit of help. And if you're at work and trying to come up with dinner and a related shopping list for on the way home, it's nice to be able to pull it up.

I use both equally. However, I do like how FN's recipes print (the format). I also live for the chocolate recipes at Godiva.com, however they print out with the smallest size font. I know, I can cut and paste, but where's the convenience then?

I also have printed a bunch of recipes from www.italianfoodforever.com. Particularly the cookies. Yum. :wub: