• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Shiraz

Fat Guy

I find it interesting that this is not available in Australia or New Zealand? Should be be insulted or honoured? Are out palates deemed too sophisticated or too unsophisticated? We can'r get the Mataro or Colombard either.

'You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.'

- Frank Zappa

• 2 weeks later...

What's the big deal about White Shiraz?

I mean, California produces Pink Chablis and Hardly Burgundy!

Doesn't Rosemount make "Orange Chardonnay"? (Now there's a concept!)

And another winery, Trevor Jones, makes wine called "Boots." I don't know about you (how could I?), but I know what my shoes have for aroma and I'm not drinking anything called "Boots."

White Shiraz=bad.

Trevor Jones = good. Those boots are made for drinkin'

Mark Sommelier will certainly have something to say about that.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

What's the big deal about White Shiraz?

I mean, California produces Pink Chablis and Hardly Burgundy!

Doesn't Rosemount make "Orange Chardonnay"?  (Now there's a concept!)

And another winery, Trevor Jones, makes wine called "Boots."  I don't know about you (how could I?), but I know what my shoes have for aroma and I'm not drinking anything called "Boots."

Trevor's nickname is Boots. The picture of the boots makes its way on to most of the labels. He has another line of less expensive wines called "Boots". Look for the Trevor Jones bottlings . Look for his dry grown shiraz. The luxury cuvée called "Wild Witch" is worth looking for. It is not cheap, and not easily available.

Mark