• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pig Pickin' T-Shirt Designs

Varmint

I want a t-shirt. I really do. I want one with the picture of the kid's face (who is this kid anyway, Varmint?) and the "I want BBQ" slogan. I want it to say "Varmint's Pig-Pickin." I don't want it to say "gettin' jiggy with the piggy." that crosses the line from camp into vaguely obscene. But even if it does say that, I want one anyway!

um, how do I get one?

That kid is me, from about 38 or 39 years ago. No, I don't want anything obscene, either, as I plan on wearing it around the L'il Varmints.

Once folks come up with the design (remember, I'm trying to stay out of it as much as possible), we'll put it on CafePress.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

I want one with the picture of the kid's face (who is this kid anyway, Varmint?) and the "I want BBQ" slogan. I want it to say "Varmint's Pig-Pickin.

I vote for that, too.

"I need BBQ" & L'il Varmint's cute mug!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had one good, legitimate design so far, but it's a bit too small and may need some adjustments. Anyone else out there? We'd like to make t-shirts available soon if anyone is interested. If not, let's let this concept fade away.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Anyone else out there?

I'm all in favor of it, but don't have the graphics skills to help. I like Rachel Perlow's design suggestion (pig inside Gully).

Who's responsible for the original Gully, and could they be drafted to help?

--

Scott

I'm your only friend

I'm not your only friend

But I'm a little glowing friend

But really I'm not actually your friend

But I am

I'll get the roomie to adjust our first design to the right size, and we'll work on the pig-inside-gully one, too. Probably have it to post by Friday!

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Who's responsible for the original Gully, and could they be drafted to help?

It was done by a graphic designer friend of ours, but we paid for it and have the rights to use the design as we see fit. But, no, she won't be doing the Pig Pickin' t-shirt design.

• 2 weeks later...

How about Fat Guy's old sig line: "Too much Pork for just one Fork!"

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

How about Fat Guy's old sig line:  "Too much Pork for just one Fork!"

That's a song and album from our local favorite band, Southern Culture on the Skids. They came up with it at least a dozen years ago.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

That's looking great, zilla.  Could we make the pig a different color, just so it'll stand out a bit?

Sure, that's easy. Stand by just until tomorrow at the latest. What color? Red?

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

That's looking great, zilla.  Could we make the pig a different color, just so it'll stand out a bit?

Sure, that's easy. Stand by just until tomorrow at the latest. What color? Red?

Pigs are pink, aren't they? But not froo froo pink!

What about the concept of the pig swallowing gully? Is that doable? You can sense that I have no concept of design.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

How about Fat Guy's old sig line:  "Too much Pork for just one Fork!"

That's a song and album from our local favorite band, Southern Culture on the Skids. They came up with it at least a dozen years ago.

Good, have them come and play it at the pig pickin!

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak